Tips to Help You Win Your Social Security Disability Case
Category: Disability Law
- 18 Dec 2018
- Posted By admin
When something as important as your social security case is in your immediate future, it is best to have as much information as possible. We created this article with some helpful tips that may give your case a better chance.
We suggest you read our previous article Five Point Checklist Before Applying for Disability if you have not applied for disability yet and are just starting out.
Nearly 14% of Floridians are suffering from some sort of disability (You can see more disability statistics here). As many as 50% of claims are rejected on the first attempt. It is important to have all of your ducks in a row before applying. Here are some tips:
- Don’t Put it Off. The DDS or the ALJ may think that your case isn’t that serious if you were able to put it off for any significant amount of time.
- Visit Your Doctor Regularly. Well documented cases have the best chances of succeeding.
- Do What the Doctor Says. To build a sound case for disability you must show that you have followed the Dr.’s orders.
- Be Honest and Courteous. When presenting your case it is important to be honest. Lying is a red flag for judges and they will dismiss the case. Also, being courteous and respectful to the officials is always a good idea.
- Keep with the Facts and Don’t Volunteer Too Much Info. Presenting a case that states the facts and how your life has been hindered by your disability is the gist of what you are trying to accomplish. Getting into your criminal record, past substance abuse or anything of that nature is not a good idea unless directly asked by a judge.
- Hire a Professional. Getting it right the first time is by far the best way to go about this. There are professionals in this field that an assist you and increase your cases chances dramatically.