Some Good Tips If You Decide You Are Moving Forward With Divorce
- 10 Jun 2020
- Posted By admin
If you and/or your spouse have decided that getting a divorce is the best option, but have not made any moves in that direction, this article is for you. We have put together a list of helpful tips on how to move forward with the divorce process.
- Court – Remember, you don’t need to actually go to court. If you think you and your spouse can agree to terms from the start then you should have a collaborative divorce. This by far the best method if you both just want to go your separate ways and there is no disagreement on finances, property etc.
- Getting Organized – Getting your basic information together before you start the process is a good idea. Get your financial records in order (debt, income, investment).
- Paperwork – You can download and print divorce forms from the state of Florida. You can fill them out now or at least familiarize yourself with them before visiting with an attorney.
- Come to a Decision – Decide what you want to achieve with this divorce. Think about items such as debt, child support and spousal support.
- Strategy and Timeline – Create a timeline for when you want certain aspects of the divorce to be completed. Keep in mind that a contentious divorce usually involves mediation and compromise.
- Don’t Forget Retirement – One day you will want to retire and what you do now can have an affect on your ability to retire. Keep that in mind.
If you are facing a contentious divorce then it is a good idea to have an attorney that understands what your goals are and is responsive. At Huddleston, Robbins & Riddle P.A. we pride ourselves on being able to identify the ultimate goals of our clients and then our ability to work hard towards fulfilling those goals.
If you live in Brevard County and are looking for a capable and aggressive divorce attorney give us a call. tel:(321)-914-4710