What are the Most Common Causes for Disability Insurance Claims?
Category: Disability Law
- 01 Sep 2020
- Posted By admin
There can be many reasons a person would need to claim disability. In this article we want to go over the most common reasons people claim disability. This information is gathered from national information resources and not reflective of our own case load.
- Back Pain – The back is especially vulnerable to injury. Whether it be a worker who hurts their back lifting heavy objects or an office worker sitting for long hours, the back is susceptible to stress which can result in debilitating pain. In the medical field these injuries are know as musculoskeletal disorders. If they are severe enough to prevent a person from working, then applying for disability benefits may be the best option.
- Mental Health – A major disability which prevents people from working is mental health disorders. Among disorders in this category are PTSD, depression, bi-polar disorder, OCD & others.
- Nervous System Disorders – These insidious disorders physically affect a person’s ability to move their body parts in a safe and effective way. Most common among these disorders are multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s. Degenerative diseases should be well documented by a patient and their Doctor.
- Cancer – Unfortunately there is no cure for cancer. This disease has been around since the dawn of man and at current we are only able to treat cancer and in some cases it can become recessive for many years. However, many patients stricken with cancer become too weak to work. And treatment can leave the patient with “chemo brain” or “chemo fog”, rendering then unable to perform important tasks.
- Heart Disease – We all know that the end result of heart disease is heart attack and death. But there are stages in between these events which make the sufferer tired all of the time and unable to perform work duties. When the heart is diseased, the muscles in the body often become starved for oxygen. This leads to lethargy and sometime full immobilization.
If you or someone you know is disabled and is not receiving financial help, please call a qualified attorney today. Many times, an attorney will work for a % and you will not have to come out-of-pocket for expenses.